Garden City, Kansas (KWCH) – The City of Garden City has issued a boiling water advisory for parts of the city. The advisory was issued Monday for repairs to the water distribution system following a water main break.
The boiling sequence is valid until tests show no bacteria are present and KDHE confirms the certified test results. Failure to maintain proper pressure can result in loss of residual chlorine and bacterial contamination.
Boiling order is useful in the following areas:
- South side of Buffalo Jones Avenue from Pearl Street to Taylor Avenue (blocks 1200 to 1600)
- North side of W. Kansas Avenue from Taylor Avenue to Pearl Street (blocks 1200 to 1700)
- 1505 Buffalo Jones Ave
- 1100 blocks of Pearl Street
- 1100 blocks of Safford Avenue
- 1100 blocks on Bancroft Street
- 1100 blocks on Summit Street
Until further notice, you must adhere to the following precautionary measures:
- If the tap water looks dirty, run it until the water runs clear to flush out the pipes.
- Boil water for 1 minute or use bottled water before drinking or preparing food.
- Do not use ice from an automatic home ice maker.
- Disinfect dishes and other food contact surfaces by soaking in clean tap water containing 1 teaspoon of unscented household bleach per 1 gallon of water for at least 1 minute.
- The water used for bathing usually does not have to be water.
Copyright 2022 KWCH. all rights reserved. To make corrections or report typos, please email email@example.com.