Gallery: Vidalia residents decorating to win prizes from the local garden club
Released at 12:00 on Friday, December 23, 2022
1 of 9
Vidalia, Louisiana — Several residents of the Vidalia neighborhood reported on Sunday night that there was a sign in their front yard, a tap on their front door, two women from the Vidalia Garden Club giving them ornaments, and some gift cards. I was surprised that you gave it to me.
This was the Vidalia Garden Club’s way of thanking residents for showing the Christmas spirit by decorating their gardens and homes.
Vidalia Garden Club President Cindy Galloway said it’s been a tradition at the Garden Club for decades, but it looks like there are more holiday decorations going on this year than ever before.
“We’ve been to all areas over the last few weeks, not just the city limits,” she said. went.”
The Garden Club chose the best decorated homes in the traditional and non-traditional categories and gave them gifts.
“First place will receive a gift certificate to a local restaurant and a bespoke ornament handcrafted by Amy Guido from the Vidalia Beautification Commission,” said Pam Mores of The Garden Club. “Second place receives a decoration and everyone receives a sign that they have won their garden.”
The winners of the 2022 Vidalia Garden Club Christmas Lighting Contest are:
· 1st place traditional goes to Tori and Trey Webber. Each window is decorated with a beautiful Christmas wreath, lighted trees surround the house and driveway and a little humorous touch.
· Second Place Traditional goes to Rosalie and Brent Smith. A large, discreetly spotlit nativity scene, made of stark white wood cutouts and bright lights, forms a path to the house and circles a semi-circular driveway. Round hedges are illuminated like giant gumdrops, and illuminated snowmen greet passers-by at the North Pole.
· The first non-traditional award goes to Nicholas Carroll. Nicholas Carroll not only decorated his own home, but he helped his elderly neighbor decorate so that his cul-de-sac lit up like a winter wonderland. Carol’s house has a clipping of a Charlie Brown Christmas scene.
· 2nd place non-traditional goes to Angie Napic for transforming her front yard into Whoville. The Grinch grins mischievously next to her Christmas sleigh full of presents and ornaments, and Cindy Her Lou has bright blue eyes and smiles at the Grinch holding a tree ornament.
· Winner will go to Dewitt Wyatt who has a yard filled with inflatables with moving lights. Among them are Santa’s whimsical inflatable on her boat, several snowmen, Mickey Mouse, and Olaf from Frozen, towed by a largemouth bus.