Kentucky couldn’t get the job done against UCLA tonight, but the Big Blue Nation at Madison Square Garden did the job. Thank you to all the fans who traveled to New York to support the Cats. I heard your presence! I hope you’re enjoying the city right now, but if you’re scrolling with agitation like we were, here are some pics of the game and the notes from UK Athletics’ loss 63-53 .
Kentucky vs UCLA Game Notes
Final Score: No. 16/14 UCLA 63, No. 13 Kentucky 53
Team Record and Series Notes
- Kentucky finished the season with a 7-3 record, ending their four-game winning streak. UCLA is on his 7th straight win and is 10-2 on the season.
- The all-time series is an 8-8 tie, with UCLA winning two straight.
- UCLA is leading 6-5 on the neutral ground and is 2-0 in the game played in New York.
- Kentucky is 4-5 on the CBS Sports Classic. Great Britain are 1-2 against UCLA in this event.
- Kentucky is 38-16 in the New York City area, including 14-6 at modern-day Madison Square Garden.
- Up next: The Wildcats will host Florida A&M in Unity Series games on Wednesday. The match time is 7:00 pm and will be televised on the SEC network.
- Kentucky limited UCLA to 63 points.
- Including 6 wins and 1 loss this season, if UK keeps the opponent under 63 points, it will be 208 wins and 10 losses (95.4%) under Calipari.
- Back in the 2020-21 season, Great Britain had won their last 21 games when their opponents scored 63 or less.
- Great Britain had their lowest of the season with 32.8% from the field, 38.5% at the free throw line and 18 turnovers.
- freshman Chris Livingston He scored a season-high 14 points and it was his first match to lead Great Britain in scoring.
- Oskar Zibwe He tallied 8 points and 16 rebounds and had a 6-game streak on at least 12 boards. He also blocked three shots and made two steals.
- servile wheeler He scored 11 points, played in three straight games in double figures, and had a game-high six assists.
- lance wear Sparking off the bench, he provided 2 points and a season-high 5 rebounds and 3 assists.
Coach John Calipari
- Calipari is 4-5 vs UCLA.
- Calipari’s career on-court record is 817-244, 372-104 in 14 matches.th season in the UK.
- The UK is 67-46 (59.3%) for its competition ranked below Calipari.
- Kentucky launched a combination of Sahvir Wheeler, Cason Wallace, Antonio Reeves, Jacob Toppin When Oskar Zibwe 5 games in a row. Great Britain are currently 4-1 in this lineup.
- CJ Fredrick When Chris Livingston At 15:12 Mark was the first British substitute.
- Tied at 7, UCLA steadily built a 33-20 advantage and never lost again.
- Latter half, lance wear Sparking the Wildcats on both ends of the court, Great Britain pulled within 33-27 on a 7-0 run. The bruin basket near the buzzer made it 35-27 during the break.
- Wallace led the scoring with 7 points, Wheeler and Tzibwe with 6, and Tzibwe with 9 rebounds.
In the second half
- Kentucky started the second stanza with Tshiebwe, Ware, Livingston, Wallace, Wheeler.
- Livingston scored eight points early on as Great Britain made a 10–2 spurt to equalize at 38.
- Tied at 40, UCLA went on a 6-0 run, with the Bruins leading the rest of the game.
- Kentucky cut to 55-53 with 4:31 remaining, but the Wildcats went scoreless the rest of the way.